* Former Sen. Bob Dole paid his respects to the late President George H.W. Bush
* He visited his flag-draped coffin in the rotunda of the U.S. Capitol
* An aide helped Dole stand out of his wheelchair so he could salute Bush
* Both men were World War II veterans
* They had a bitter fight for the 1988 GOP presidential nomination but later became friends
Former Sen. Bob Dole paid his respects to the late President George H.W. Bush on Tuesday afternoon and was helped out of his wheelchair so he could stand and salute the coffin.
The 95 year old can no longer walk. An aide lifted him from behind so the former senator could be upright to salute Bush, a fellow World War II veteran.
Dole than sat in his wheelchair for a few moments, blinking back tears, as he stared at the flag-draped coffin containing the remains of his fellow member of the Greatest Generation.
Read more ….
WNU Editor: No comment is necessary.