* Robert Mueller handed over his report into Russia involvement in the 2016 election to the attorney general, Bill Barr
* Newsflash at 5 p.m. Friday means the Mueller probe is over – almost two years after it was started in May 2017
* Trump had blasted it as a ‘witchhunt’ and repeated his ‘no collusion’ mantra on Friday morning
* White House said it has not seen the report in any form or been briefed on its contents
* Barr has thankless responsibility of deciding which portions of Mueller’s output can be released in a way that’s consistent with federal law
* It’s possible Barr could delicately thread a political needle by sending an executive summary to Capitol Hill and keeping the rest private
* That would be likely to open a war with Democrats
Special Counsel Robert Mueller delivered his long-awaited report Friday to Attorney General Bill Barr, setting up a political battle over what’s in it and how much will be made public.
The news swept through Washington in the flash of thousands of tweets just before 5:00 p.m. Friday.
The Justice Department notified leaders of the House and Senate Judiciary Committees before announcing the end of a 22-month-long saga focused on allegations that President Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign colluded with agents of Russia to improve his chances in the election.
Trump, according to White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders, has not seen any results from Mueller’s investigation.
Read more ….
WNU Editor: I did not expect this investigation to end right now. I also expect details of the report will be leaked this weekend, especially if there are explosive details. I also expect the full report to be released to the public in due time.
Robert Mueller submits report on Trump-Russia investigation – live — The Guardian
Mueller concludes Russia probe, delivers report to AG Barr — AP
Mueller sends Russia probe report to U.S. attorney general — Reuters
Mueller delivers report to Justice — The Hill
Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation is officially complete — Politico
Special counsel Robert Mueller ends investigation — CNN
Special counsel Robert Mueller’s highly anticipated report handed off to Department of Justice — ABC News
Mueller submits long-awaited Russia probe report to Justice Department — FOX News
Mueller sends report on Trump investigation to AG Barr — NBC
Russia-Trump inquiry: Special Counsel Robert Mueller ends Russia investigation — BBC
Robert Mueller has turned in his full report on the Russia investigation to the attorney general — Business Insider
Mueller report: Special counsel finishes Russia-Trump probe and submits findings to attorney general — The Independent
Mueller report: special counsel delivers findings of Trump-Russia inquiry — The Guardian
The possible outcomes of the Mueller report — Mary Newman and Darren Samuelsohn, Politico
Trump-Russia inquiry: What might Mueller report look like? — Anthony Zurcher, BBC
Robert Mueller’s report is finally finished. This is what we know about his probe so far — CNBC