* The US-China trade war has dramatically escalated over the past few days, with both sides announcing tariff increases on billions of dollars’ worth of each other’s goods.
* Chinese state media — which functions as a Communist Party mouthpiece — issued a series of rabble-rousing statements on Monday accusing the US of “greed and arrogance” and calling for a “people’s war” against it.
* President Donald Trump’s administration on Monday night threatened to impose tariffs of up to 25% on another $300 billion worth of Chinese goods.
* If such tariffs were to be imposed, almost all Chinese imports to the US would be subject to tariffs.
* Trump tweeted on Tuesday that his “respect and friendship” with Chinese President Xi Jinping was “unlimited” but that “this must be a great deal for the United States or it just doesn’t make any sense.”
The US-China trade war continues to heat up, with Beijing calling for a “people’s war” against Washington and President Donald Trump threatening to impose tariffs on another $300 billion worth of Chinese goods.
In a series of editorials and op-ed articles published Monday, Chinese state media slammed what it labeled the Trump administration’s “greed and arrogance” and called for a “people’s war” against it. Beijing’s state-run media effectively serves as a mouthpiece for the Communist Party.
Read more ….
Chinese media calls for ‘people’s war’ as US trade war heats up — CNN
China Vows ‘People’s War’ as Trade Fight Takes Nationalist Turn — Bloomberg
Chinese state media calls for ‘people’s war’ as US trade conflict escalates NYPost
China Calls For “People’s War” Against The US, Vows To “Fight For A New World” — Zero Hedge